Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Dear Santa: Week 3, Day 2, Home Decor

Hello Everyone!  Welcome to Week 3 and Day 2 of our Dear Santa month. This week is all about Home Decor and I have some very quick and easy projects to share with you.

Today's project feature products from my Santa Wish List. I wished for some FABULOUS Kelly Purkey Stamps and some Amy Tangerine products from American Crafts.

First up I have a very simple frame that uses some Amy Tangerine papers from the Cut & Paste line and some Kelly Purkey Bon Appetit stamps that are a Simon Says Stamp Exclusive.


All I did was take a picture frame from a large set that I bought at Target a couple years ago and cut the paper down to 5x7. I then used some Hero Arts Black Ink to stamp all the images. I put it in the frame with the glass and called it a day. It was so fast and simple and will be a great addition to my kitchen.

Next up I made these:


I used 3 smaller frames from the same set (3x5) and used the Amy Tangerine paper and Kelly Purkey Simon Says Stamp Exclusives to create these.

I started by stamping the backgrounds. I used the Hero Arts Soft Granite and stamped repetitive rows of the cows, roosters and pigs.  I placed that inside the frame. I then used my Silhouette machine to cut out the cow, the rooster and the pig out of black cardstock.  I pop dotted them on the frames and they were done. They tie in nicely to my kitchen scheme and work with the frame above.

Next up we have the FABULOUS and MEGA TALENTED Kathy Racoosin!  When these projects hit my inbox my jaw hit the floor!!! Can you say SPECTACULAR?! WOW!



Kathy really went all out Check out this Canvas:



The details are absolutely incredible.  She was kind enough to give us a photo tutorial too!



Is she incredible or what? The girl can create!!!  I am so inspired to go give this a try myself. What do you think?

I would like to offer a big thank you to all of the companies that are participating on this event:  Hero ArtsCAS-ual FridaysLawn FawnAmerican Crafts - Amy TangerineAvery ElleSimon Says StampKelly Purkey and Neat and Tangled

Thank you for stopping by and we'll be back tomorrow with more inspiration!

11 comments:

Barb said...

These frames are so fun, Michelle! :)

cm said...

Love the frames; perfect way to showcase lovely papers, or stamps, or dies...so many possibilities! Thanks for the inspiration!!
c

Efrat said...

Fun cute project. Beautiful frames.

Karen L K said...

Those are some great projects. I love the farm animals in the black frames. The coffee canvas is so creative. Very nice.

~amy~ said...

WOW!

Merica said...

I really loved Kathy's hand print on my heart. Thank you for a chance to win.

Olessya K said...

I love all of these projects, I think I will try to make something for mt kitchen as well! Thanks Kathy for great instructions.

conil said...

Really impressed with your livestock art...I'm very partial to pigs. And Kathy's work...I can't speak, drooling too much.

Deborah said...

Love the projects great ideas! TFS

Virginia L. said...

AWESOME projects! Thanks for sharing your inspiring work, Michelle and Kathy!

Anja (scrappie) said...

Great, great thanks for sharing.