Friday, May 3, 2013

Shadow inks and Perfect Pearls on a background stamp.

Hi, all! Michelle Lupton here - I am so excited to once again join the lovely Linda and Mary Dawn at A Blog Named Hero!  I contributed to their blog for their Christmastravaganza in December, and now I'm back to share some ideas with shadow inks and Perfect Pearls.  

I made wedding invitations in January for a friend (whose wedding, incidentally, is today!! Congratulations to Nina and Chris! ), so I wanted to use the same colour scheme for her wedding card.  I pulled out my Hero Arts shadow inks in Raspberry and Soft Brown, and Hero Hues Chalk ink in Latte. I inked up Hero Arts Lotus Background stamp with these colours, using sponge daubers, then stamped onto Stampin' Up Sahara Sand cardstock.  (I then decided I wanted to add some shimmer, so I inked it up again, and spritzed with Perfect Pearls Mist.) Then some judicious trimming and punching into shape, adding some SU Rose Red cardstock and a base of Ivory metallic cardstock (don't ask me where I got that, it's been in my stash for YEARS!) and some flowers (an EK Sucess punch I've had for donkeys ages) some bling and a glimmer pen from Sakura, and voila!


 I had some of the stamped panel left over, so I grabbed a tag die from Papertrey ink, ran it through my Bigshot and made this card:
(The rose red background panel has a stamp from HA "Lotus Leaves" stamped in Versamark.  The sentiment on this card is a stamp from Hambo Stamps - the other stamp that goes with this one says "Because I said so, that's why!"  Love it!!) 
Incidentally, I originally stamped the sentiment using the Raspberry shadow ink onto the ivory cardstock, but as it is a shiny, metallic cardstock, the ink just smudged.  So, a little technique I use when I want to emboss a sentiment using an ink colour that I don't have in a pigment ink - ink up your stamp in Versamark ink first, then ink it up in the colour you want (in this case, Raspberry), then stamp and emboss with clear embossing powder - it won't come out as intense as the ink is normally, but you can get a close approximation!
IMPORTANT!! 
Don't ink the stamp in the coloured ink first, then Versamark, unless you want your Versamark ink pad to be coloured instead of clear!! 

I then had the original panel I had stamped without the perfect pearls left, so I couldn't let that go to waste, so I made 2 more cards!!

Make sure you check out our latest challenge, All that Glitters.  There's a chance to win a $25 voucher from Simon Says Stamp!! Woo hoo!!

Thanks for visiting - have a great day!

Supplies:


9 comments:

wandaguess said...

YOWZA!!! GORGEOUS post Michelle!!!! :-)

Laura Jane said...

VERY elegant cards Michelle!

Pat said...

These are great!!!

Karen L K said...

They all look great! Thanks for sharing them.

Sue Madex said...

Gorgeous cards. Love those panels you've created. Very elegant.

stamplover2011 said...

Awesome!! Didn't know the trick with the versa mark ink. Thanks for the inspiration!

Reusing with Quilling said...

Lovely cards ! I loved the lotus stamped bg a lot !

Carol McCready said...

Very pretty. That lotus background
is one of my favorites. Can't wait
to get my hands on the lotus stencil.

Lucy Newton said...

Love the color combo Michelle!