Monday, February 25, 2013

Playing with Background Stamps

Hi friends!

Christine here with my first "extra post" at A Blog named Hero!
Today I'd like to share some ideas how to use background stamps, as I really love to use them in different ways. I decided to concentrate on the Flower Dot Pattern Stamp, so you can get an impression how one stamp can be used in so many ways.  That's fun!

1) Stamping on patterned paper
First of all I used the stamp as it was supposed to be: I stamped the entire background, but I stamped and embossed it onto patterned paper. I like the structure, that it gets.



2) Using dies
On my second card I embossed the pattern, colored it with distress inks and cut out the flowers with dies. To add some interest I used a paper pen in the centers. I love how this turned out!



3) Masking
This is something I do very often: Masking a little area when using a background stamp. This leads the eye to the masked area, where you can put an image, sentiments or embellishments. I also colored in some areas with distress inks and a brush.




4) Paper Piecing
Using a background stamp is like creating your own patterned paper. And patterned papers are perfect for paper piecing images. In this case I stamped tone-on-tone on three different colors and paper pieced the arm chairs. The matching washi tapes add some dimension and interest.




5) Using stripes
I bet you all used strips of patterned paper on your projects. Why not use strips of a stamped background? In this case I stamped the background in two colors and mixed the strips to create a fun background for the little monster.



I hope you are inspired to play around with your background stamps!

And don't forget to play along in our current challenge "If I could turn back time"


Our amazing Sponsor Simon Says Stamp offers a 25$ Gift Voucher to one lucky participant!




















20 comments:

Karen L K said...

I love all the things you did with the same background stamp!

Barb said...

Awesome post, Christine! Thank you for sharing so many fun and different ways to use just one stamp! Each card is fabulous!

Judy Tuck said...

Thanks for sharing your fabulous creations using the same background stamp. Who would have thought.....

Lyndal said...

AWESOME post Christine - so many FAB ideas & gorgeous cards :)

Leslie Hanna said...

You've done amazing things with one background stamp! LOVE the masked one and the paper piecing, especially.

Stampn'HI said...

Great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

diana said...

Great post!! Thanks for all these ideas. I'll be trying 1 or 2 or 3. ;-)

Buddy said...

Oh Christine! I love every card in this post! In fact, I love them so much that I am off to purchase the stamp on SSS as soon as possible. Gotta say, I am a sucker for the card using masking. Thanks SO much for sharing...

Lucy Newton said...

Great ideas Christine, love your cards, specially the first one is so elegant!

lenny said...

Awesome!! These ideas to use a background stamp are FAB!!
Thanks for sharing!!
Totally love your cards!!

Reusing with Quilling said...

Wow ! Its very interesting and inspiring post.So many different ways to use background stamp.Thanks .

Tina said...

What a gorgeous bunch of cards!

Gilda said...

I love all your ideas using that fabulous background stamp. You have given me tons of inspiration!

Crystalena82 said...

These are great ideas! I love them! Thanks for all of the inspiration and reminders to use backgrounds in ways I have previously thought of but have forgotten. It is so easy to get creative with all the ideas out there, but even more easy to become overwhelmed with ideas and forget about some of the most basic. Thanks for sharing! :)

Harriet said...

Excellent ideas and thanks for sharing them. I especially like the masking....I'm going to give it a try!!!

mamichelle said...

Great ideas! I have this stamp and don't use it often. I will have to dust it off!

Cindy C. said...

I love, love what you did with that backgroun stamp!!!

wandaguess said...

AWESOME POST CHRISTINE!!! I love all the different techniques you showcased and all your projects are gorgeous! I'm so stealing some of these ideas! ;-)

Michelle Liimatainen said...

So gorgeous Chris!!! You totally rock!!!

Barb Turpin said...

Some great examples! Love the masking and also stamping on the vellum.