Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas-Travaganza-Day 28 with Barb

Hey everyone! 

It's Barb here from Enjoying Life and I am so excited to share a fun little project with you today for A Blog Named Hero's Christmas-Travaganza!


When Mary Dawn and Linda asked me to be a part of this fun event, I was thrilled to play along and wanted to come up with something other than a card. So when I was decorating my house for Christmas a few weeks ago, I came across some cute door hangers, which I display every year, and said, "Hey, I could CREATE one of those!" :) I tried a few different designs and ended up really loving this one! 


And here it is hanging on my door.


 All you need to do is cut your paper so it measures 8.5" x 3" and die-cut a circle near the top. Then decorate it anyway you like! I used Broken China, Faded Jeans and Stormy Sky Distress Inks, then flicked some Picked Fence Distress Stain onto the background with a paintbrush. Then I used the adorable Sleeping Snowman from Hero Arts, colored and cut him out with the matching die. The snowbank was torn from white paper and run through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. A bit of Frosted Lace Stickles was added across the top of the snowy hill.

Now I know you've all finished decorating long ago, but you could save this post, bookmark it, or put it in your faves, so you can view it again for next year. You could also make these for other special occasions like Easter, Valentine's Day, Halloween, etc.

I want to thank Linda and Mary Dawn for inviting me to take part in this awesome event! It sure has been fun! :)

Thanks for joining me today - I know just how busy you are this time of year! I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas! :)

GIVEAWAY!!!!! Follow the Rafflecopter directions (below) to enter the giveaway.
If you leave a comment on this post you will receive ONE entry to win a some fantastic prizes we have up for grabs,  BUT...If you comment every day during the extravaganza you will have a total of 31 chances to win prizes!!!!! Check out Rafflecopter on how to earn even MORE entries!!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway

You have until December 31st MIDNIGHT EDT to leave your comments. Winners will be announced on January 3rd.

71 comments:

Jackie said...

That is adorable! I knew I should have bought that stamp and die when we had it at the LSS, and now they are all gone. :-(

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous door hanger Barb, that cheeky snowman is just so popular this year!!!

Barbara said...

I have this stamp and love it. Thanks for another way to use it

Maeghan Magante said...

I have this stamp and die and have only used it once... thanks for giving me a reason to use it again before the season's up! TFS!

Sue D said...

What a cute idea--love the snowman.

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

What fun Barb!

Marianne said...

This is the second time today that I've seen this stamp being used, and I love it! Love the idea of a door hanger, too. TFS

conil said...

Such a little cutie. Love this snowman and especially love what you did with him. So handsome and sweet.

diana said...

Cute project! A great idea for some kids I know. TFS ;-)

cm said...

Sweet door hanger, especially with that adorable snowman!! Definitely an addition to my Evernote notes: maybe a New Year's or Valentine's Day project or maybe a "just because" gift. Thank you for sharing.

Geri said...

This is such a cute project Barb. Thanks for sharing it with us.

joy said...

Really cute Barb!

Donna Bowman said...

Awesome door hanger Barb!! Love the sleep snowman!

Laura Jane said...

HOW perfectly SWEET!
Tha kiddos would LOVE it:)

Cynthia said...

Oh my gosh! That's just adorable!! I can envision making these for birthdays and other special days too! How cute!!

Wendy G. said...

How cool is that snowman? Okay, snowmen are supposed to be cool so it is very appropriate.

Chitra Nair said...

Awwwwww this is so cute..adorable door hanger!!!

Debbie said...

What a cute project!

Glennis said...

That is certainly a cute idea - love the snowman!!

SannaS said...

he's such a cutie!!! lovely door hanger!!
hugs, SannaS

Patti J said...

Awww...who can resist that adorable snowman? Cute door hanger! Thanks for sharing :)

stamplover2011 said...

Super cute door hanger, Barb! Great idea for decorating!

Sue McRae said...

That is such a fun idea Barb!

~amy~ said...

Such a cute door hanger:)

sanketi said...

Great idea ..love it!

pcm said...

i like your more that a lot of other ones i've seen for sale :)

lostinpaper said...

Such a clever idea! How totally cute is this snowman!

jenway9 said...

Very cute!

Carol Perry said...

What a cute way to decorate for the holidays. It came out so cute too. Wish I would have bought that stamps and die as well. Hopefully it will be there next year as well.

Kailash said...

Such an adorable project Barb, love it!!!!

Denise Bryant said...

Fun door hanger! Love that snowman, and your colors are terrific!
DeniseB

Cynthia B. said...

Great way to decorate for the holidays! I don't have a wreath for every door, but a door hangers would be cute. TFS!

mdoricheva said...

It is a fun idea, you can also use it to decorate a bottle of wine the same way!

fun stamping said...

So cute, love those snowflakes! Merry Christmas to you, Barb!

frommycraftroom said...

Great work. Love how you created the snow.

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Great idea Barb! The Snowman is so cute!

Virginia L. said...

Super cute door decoration!! Brilliant idea to use the snowman!! Love your snow "hills", Barb!

Sandra said...

Cute!
Sandra ltb

Jessica Strider said...

Cute door hanger. Love the little snowman. :)

walchowDesign said...

Adorable doorhanger, Barb! Love this sleepy snowman and your bg distressing is beautifully done!

Dawn Turley said...

awesome project from Barb. Love it

Karenladd said...

What an adorable little snowman image! These door hangers would be great to hang anywhere in the house or office!

Kris in Alaska said...

So cute!

Kris in Alaska
funamom at yahoo dot com

Pam said...

This is adorable!

lenny said...

Totally love this door hanger!!
So adorable!!
Just received that stamp set in my mail yesterday! Can't wait to play...maybe make a door hanger LOL
TFS!!!

Karen said...

I just love this door hanger! Really hoping that I can find some time to sit down and stamp soon!

Cindy C. said...

Hi Barb that door hanger is so cute!! Thanks for the inspiration!

tinyfeet said...

Your door hanger is truly adorable!!

shirley-bee said...

That is one cool door hanger! Love it!

Janet L. said...

What a cutie! Thanks for sharing your talents!

Beastybunny said...

What a cute idea! And perfect for occasions all year long! I already have an idea for my son's room door, something with a hazardous waste symbol :p.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

so darn cute I can barely stand it!

Maureen Morton said...

How very sweet, Barb! What a way to brighten up every room, and easy to store, too. Looks like big fun - thanks for sharing. Love seeing you here.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

this is so cute! i love it thanks!

Daria Z. said...

This is just so sweet, Barb!

Chark said...

super fun!

Trinh said...

So cute, Barb! Wonderful home decor idea.

SaraBug said...

It's cute.

Michelle Lupton said...

The blue gradient background is gorgeous, and I love the paint-flicked stars!

Moosisk said...

I just love your adorable door hanger! Thanks for the inspiration. :D

Memories by Manda said...

That's a neat snowman door hanger

donna mikasa said...

Cutest door hanger, ever! LOVE this project and my favorite Hero Arts snowman!

Greta said...

Terrific idea, Barb! This is darling!

jeanine said...

Love the cute snowman on the door hanger!

lynda said...

The swiss dots embossing on the snow is just a perfect idea!

Ann Marie said...

Thanks for the idea with the picket fence stain!

loulou said...

How adorably cute is your snowman. Great colouring. Love, love, love your background. cheers Linda

Linda said...

so cute, Barb! TFS!

Janet said...

I love that snowman and what you did with it!!! God bless!

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

What a cute door hanger...

city said...

thanks for sharing.